Subsidized (free) group tutoring is available through the Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) office for African American, Latino/a American, Asian American, Native American, Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian, and Multiracial students at Iowa State. Funding for tutoring is available only for the Fall and Spring semesters.
How do I get a tutor?
- Log on to the "Obtaining a Tutor" site and begin your application. You will need to log in with your Net-ID and password.
- Click Edit and fill in your contact information
- Under "Funding Source", be sure to choose "Multicultural Student Affairs"
- Click Edit next to courses and select the courses you are applying for tutoring for.
- Click Edit next to schedule and select your free times at the schedule shown. (Note: the more free time you indicate, the better chances you have of getting assigned into a group!)
- Click "Review Your Application for Submitting"
- If everything looks okay, click "Submit"
- After you submit the application, you need to come into MSA (2nd floor, Student Services Building) to speak with a coordinator and get your request approved!
For questions, feel free to contact Christy Oxendine at email@example.com, or the Multicultural Student Affairs office at 515-294-6338.